Dates, Rates, & Registration – Summer 2024
|Session||Start Date||End Date||Tuition*||Early Payment Discount**|
|Session I (current grades 2-9)||Wednesday, June 26||Monday, July 22||$7,600||$7,400|
|Session II (current grades 2-9)||Thursday, July 25||Thursday, August 15||$6,500||$6,300|
|Full Session (current grades 2-9)||Wednesday, June 26||Thursday, August 15||$12,500||$12,150|
|Kaytana (current grades 2-4)||Thursday, July 25||Sunday, August 4||$3,400||n/a|
|Kerem (current grade 10)||Monday, June 24||Thursday, August 15||$12,500||$12,150|
|Na'aleh (current grade 11)||TBD||TBD||TBD||n/a|
PLEASE NOTE: You may pay your tuition bill and Kolbo fees via eCheck or Credit Card (all deposits must be paid by Credit Card). If you pay via Credit Card there will be a 2.9% processing fee added to the charge. (There will be no fee added to the $800 deposit.)
*Kerem application will be live on Monday, October 16, 2023 (more details below).
**Mandatory $50 Kolbo fee for every camper will be added to this tuition total.
***Early Payment Discount: For families that pay the full camp tuition and Kolbo fee before Dec. 31, 2023.
****Intersession: In 2024, Session 1 ends on Monday, July 22nd and Session 2 will start on Thursday, July 25th. Please see more details about Intersession below.
*****Na’aleh 2024: All Na’aleh details (including dates and cost) will be available soon.
Based on our experience in Kayitz 2023, and the feedback we received from families about the Intersession, we have decided it is once again in the best interest of our campers and staff to give options for the “Inter-session” days between Session 1 and 2. These options will include the chance for families to spend a “Yom Hachnasat Orchim” (Visiting Day) in camp and the chance for campers to leave camp for the Inter-session “hafsakah” (break) – see details below.
Here is how these Intersession days will work for Full Summer Campers:
- YOM HACHNASAT ORCHIM (VISITING DAY): Monday, July 22nd from 11AM – 5PM will be Visiting Day, a chance for family members to visit with full summer campers and to spend some time touring camp and experiencing some of the programming and activities. All Full Summer camper families are invited to spend this day in camp. If you are picking up a Session 1 camper AND visiting a Full Summer camper, we will work with you to coordinate the timing.
- HAFSAKAH (BREAK): Full summer campers will have the choice between (a) returning home (or leaving camp with family members or a friend) for the Inter-session days (Mon. 7/22-Thurs. 7/25) or (b) staying in camp for the Inter-session days for special programming (including a full day out-of-camp trip on Wed. 7/24).
- KEREM CAMPERS: Kerem campers will be required to stay in camp during Intersession to prepare for Session 2.
Please note: All families are welcome to participate in Visiting Day on Monday, July 22nd visiting camp, regardless of if your child is going home for the Inter-session days or staying in camp for those days.
We are happy to speak with any families who have concerns about the logistics of the Inter-session to see how we can be helpful.
How do I apply?
Starting Monday, September 18th, go to the Yavneh CampInTouch login page. After logging in, click on the 2024 season in the drop-down box when prompted.
Please note that submission of an application does not automatically enroll your child(ren) in Camp. While all applications will require an $800 deposit per camper via credit/debit card, this deposit is not actually charged until the office processes the application and your child is accepted, beginning in mid-October. We will send an enrollment confirmation once your child has been accepted.
Who can apply beginning on September 18, 2023?
All families may apply now. We will process applications from returning campers first, then siblings. Our next priority will be new family applications. Notifications of acceptance will go out in the order we process applications, beginning in mid-October. New and returning families who have applied before October 23 can expect to hear from us by early November. All applications received after October 23 will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please note: once you complete the application, you should immediately receive an automated confirmation email that your application has been received. If you don’t get the email, it means we didn’t get your application. Be sure to complete all parts of the application until the final “Submit” (and please make sure to check your spam folder.)
Returning campers will have top priority registration only for the session they were registered for in the summer of 2023. Your child’s spot for the same session that they attended in 2023 will be held until Monday, October 23, at which time we will take new campers.
Can my child request to switch sessions?
If you wish to switch your child’s session, please submit your application as soon as possible. Requests for campers to switch sessions or extend to the full summer will be accommodated only after all applications are processed. In most cases, we will not know until early November if we can accommodate your request. Enrollment capacity last summer was full, and there may be limited opportunities for switching and/or extending sessions.
Can my child request to extend from a single session to both sessions?
If you wish to extend your child’s session to full summer, please submit your application as soon as possible. In your application, please select “Full” for the 2024 season. Your child will initially be accepted to the same session as 2023; notification of acceptance for full summer enrollment will be made in November.
If my child will be in Kerem, can we apply now?
Kerem applicants will receive a separate letter explaining the process and inviting them to apply. The application will be live for them on Monday, October 16, 2023. Please note: Kerem is capped based on the size of the bunks and enrollment is strictly first-come, first-served. We will not accept any Kerem applications after Nov. 5, 2023.
If my child will be in Na’aleh, can we apply now?
The application for Na’aleh will open in November. We will be sending Kerem 2023 families details about Na’aleh 2024 by early November.
I know someone new who wants to send their child to Yavneh in 2024. When do they apply for camp?
New families may submit applications immediately as well. Their applications will be held in a separate queue and we will inform them in November if we have space available to accept these campers.
What if I know my child will not be returning to camp for the 2024 season?
If you know now that your child is not able to attend camp next summer, please let us know so that we can accommodate as many new campers as possible. Please email Shore Goldberg directly.
I’m just not sure yet about next summer. What should I do?
We understand that some families may not yet feel ready to submit an application for next summer. While we will require a deposit upon enrollment, this deposit is fully refundable until December 15, 2023. We encourage you to sign up as soon as possible in order to ensure your camper a spot.
Are there any discounts available?
If you pay all of your camp tuition + Kolbo fee before Dec. 31, 2023, you will receive a discount of $200 (one session) or $350 (full season). This discount does not apply to Kaytana or Na’aleh.
If you pay via Credit Card, there will be a 2.9% processing fee added to the charge. (There will be no fee added to the $800 deposit.)
How will we pay for camp?
All applications require a deposit of $800 per camper paid by credit card. There are several options available to pay the balance (listed below). You will choose one when completing the application. A reminder: You may pay for camp via eCheck or credit card. If you pay via Credit Card, there will be a 2.9% processing fee added to the charge. (There will be no fee added to the $800 deposit.)
Options for payment:
- Pay entire balance before Dec. 31, 2023 (and receive early payment discount):
- Pay in Full: the entire camp balance will be charged upon enrollment. If enrolled before Dec. 31, 2023, the early payment discount (see details in chart above) will apply to the total amount due.
- Two payments: after the initial deposit, 50% of the balance will be charged on Nov. 15 and the balance on Dec. 20, when the early payment discount will be applied.
- Five Installments: after the initial deposit, the balance will be charged in five equal monthly installments on Dec. 1, Jan. 2, Feb. 1, March 1, and April 1.
- Financial Aid: see below.
How can I protect my tuition?
Program Protector Plans are available to U.S. residents from the United States Fire Insurance Company during the registration process. The plans may protect up to the full cost of camp if you withdraw your child from camp. Benefits include Program Cancellation and Interruption, Travel Delay, Medical Expense, Baggage, Baggage Delay and more. An Enhanced Plan (not available in New York) is also available to provide Cancel For Any Reason coverage for cancellations until two days before camp. We strongly recommend that families purchase one of these policies. More information to come (for details about the insurance policy, click here). The fee is paid directly to the insurance agent, Trip Mate, Inc., upon enrollment.
What if we need tuition assistance?
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, “camperships” are available to help make camp affordable and accessible to all – click here to find out more.
Financial Aid for 2024 will follow the same process as last year: completing an application online through FACTS with submission of the required tax documents. Camp families will be notified when the link is live for 2024. Once the the link to apply for financial aid will be available. The due date for the submission of all materials is February 23, 2024, and a decision will be sent to you as soon as possible after this date. We cannot guarantee tuition assistance to current families after the February 23rd deadline.
After paying the initial deposit upon enrollment, families requesting Financial Aid will be expected to pay 10% of the tuition balance each month, Nov. 15, Dec. 15, Jan. 15, Feb. 15. Once “camperships” are announced, the adjusted balance will be charged in 3 equal installments from March – May . If the campership is insufficient, we will mutually agree (by March 15) to cancel enrollment, and all payments will be refunded. We remain committed to enabling as many campers as possible to attend camp, with parents making a meaningful contribution to tuition.
Local Jewish Federations, Jewish Family Services, as well as synagogues and rabbis (through their discretionary funds) are excellent resources for camper scholarships as well. Additional resources may be available for first-time campers once accepted to camp (for example, One Happy Camper and PJ Library have campership funds available for first time campers). Please explore these options and be in touch with your local organizations to find out how to qualify. Time is of the essence.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances may necessitate you to withdraw your child from camp. All withdrawal notifications must be made in writing to Shore Goldberg, Registrar. The following is Yavneh’s cancellation policy:
- Until December 15, 2023: Full refund including the $800 deposit.
- December 16, 2023 to February 28, 2024: 75% refund of the remainder of balance, excluding the $800 per camper deposit.
- March 1 to May 14, 2024: 50% refund of the remainder of balance, excluding the $800 per camper deposit.
- From May 15, 2023 through the end of the 2024 summer season: No refund available
Session Reduction Fee
Changes from full season to single session (or from a single session to Kaytana) will incur a fee as follows:
- Until December 31, 2023: no fee
- January 1 to February 28, 2024: $300 fee
- March 1 to May 14, 2024: $500 fee
- From May 15, 2024: $1,000 fee
- Once camp begins for your child, there are no refunds
What do Kolbo fees cover?
Kolbo (canteen) fees cover a myriad of camper treats and incidentals. Campers will also have an opportunity to buy swag (camp clothing) once during camp. The $50 Kolbo fee will be added to each camper’s tuition. Unused funds will be forfeited.
What about travel?
Camp fees do not include the cost of getting your child and luggage to/from camp. Camp Yavneh offers round-trip bus transportation to and from Boston and New York (for all sessions other than Kaytana’s departure). Camp can also provide airport transfers for Manchester, NH, and Boston (long-distance flyers only). These travel fees will be charged in the spring.
What about luggage?
All camper luggage must be at camp before the first day of your camper’s session.
- For campers coming from the Northeast, Yavneh will offer luggage service. The fee will be $150 per camper for two pieces of luggage, and an additional $75 fee for a third bag. These fees will be charged to your account on file in the spring.
- Alternatively, you may ship luggage to camp on your own before your child’s arrival via FedEx, UPS, Ship Camps, etc.
- All campers who live outside of the United States may bring their own luggage on opening day.
What other charges might we incur?
- Medications, vitamins, and supplements must be ordered directly from our camp pharmacy service in the spring. The $25 packaging fee (subject to change) is paid directly to the pharmacy service.
- If your child becomes ill during the summer and needs a prescription, we will charge your family’s account for the cost of the prescription.
- Full summer Ma’alot campers (current 9th graders) will be able to take the Lifeguarding course. Please indicate your child’s interest in participating when you submit the application.
- Bedding and towels may be rented from camp for $50 for the season.
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, camperships are available to make camp affordable – click here to find out more.