Our annual Phone-A-Thon was yesterday – and we were busy getting ready for all the excitement! We might have called you (unless you sent in a donation before Thursday) and, once again, I was on on Facebook live with a mystery guest or two.
It takes much more than just our year round staff to make events like this one happen. We rely on the generosity of our board, volunteers and our special guests! In order to have a successful evening, it takes a lot of support. We are so appreciative of the commitment of volunteers who come year after year. Debbie and Joel Sussman are just two of the folks who will be making calls and maybe even make a Facebook Live appearance.
But most important we are very grateful for you. The Yavneh community is nothing short of amazing. Everywhere I go, I run into people who tell me stories about their time at Yavneh or, like the other day, expressed regret that they didn’t send their child to Yavneh. I am so proud of how Yavneh has touched so many lives and I continue to work hard to make sure that Yavneh lives up to its stellar reputation year after year. And every year, you help ensure that the ruach of Yavneh continues – l’dor v’dor! Over the last few years you have supported:
- Fun and innovative programming like sadnaot
- Top-notch experts and specialists
- Updated bunks and other improvements around camp
- Scholarships to help 25% of campers attend Yavneh
- Our efforts to make Yavneh as inclusive as possible through our Yedidut program.
- Cutting edge new camp equipment like Etgar and updates to the Agam
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you live on Facebook on Thursday!