Shira and Marla are two long-time members of our education team – this will be Marla’s 8th summer and Shira (K ’98) is an alumni and is currently a teacher at Yavneh. During the year, Shira works for the Yeshiva University School Partnership and runs a program supporting new teachers and works with teachers on professional development. And Marla is employed by the Boston- Haifa Connection (CJP) as the Project Manager for the School to School partnerships between Boston and Haifa. Click here to read more about Shira and Marla on our website. We asked both Shira and Marla the following three questions to get to know them a bit better and here is what they shared:
Favorite camp/outdoor activity?
- “Anything that happens at the Agam” – Shira
- “Kayaking on the lake.” – Marla
What are you looking forward to most this summer?
- “Meeting new campers, and welcoming back the veterans and learning some Torah at the best place on earth!” – Shira
- “Participating in Rikudiyah, doing weekly chores at the Fairy Farm with my elective class, and creating an open Jewish learning environment.” – Marla
What is the most unique item you are packing in your luggage for camp?
- “Well I am packing for five of us so I never know what I will find in those bags until we unpack on the first day!” – Shira
- “Government regulatory size Israeli flag for a 35 ft flagpole (5′ x 8′)” – Marla