Opportunities to Give
Thank you for choosing to support Camp Yavneh. Your generosity makes an immediate impact and you may choose to direct your gift in the following ways:
Funds raised from the Annual Campaign defray our operating expenses and afford Yavneh the ability to continue to:
- Award needs-based scholarships to more than 25% of our campers, ensuring diverse population and full enrollment
- Hire nurturing specialists and educators that lead robust programs and inspire campers towards a passion for Israel and love of Judaism
- Maintain bunks and facilities with routine upgrades as needed. This includes our grounds, waterfront and other shared community spaces
Yavneh is proud to award more than 25% of our campers with needs-based financial assistance. Tuition dollars DO NOT not fully cover our expenses. Your gift of any amount helps ensure that a diverse camper population can experience the magic of Yavneh.
Ezra Schwartz z”l was a long-time camper and a counselor at Camp Yavneh who was tragically killed in November of 2015 by a terrorist attack in Israel during his gap year. Ezra was a great role model for our youngest campers and he had a special ability to nurture and connect with them.
Our community remains deeply affected by Ezra’s death. The Ezra Schwartz Memorial Scholarship Fund is dedicated to supporting the things Ezra was most passionate about: Camp Yavneh, Judaism and Israel. Each year, Camp Yavneh awards scholarships to campers from Israel that wish to spend a summer at Yavneh. To be considered for this award, families must apply through the traditional financial aid process.
Camp Yavneh’s overarching k’lal Yisrael philosophy should be celebrated together. This is true not only for the differences campers may have in their practice of Judaism, but we also celebrate the differences campers may have in their personal development. The principle ofguides us as we ensure a place for each individual camper to succeed at camp. We believe that inclusion is good for everyone – kids with and without disabilities, families, staff, and our entire community.
Our Yedidut program welcomes 8-10 campers per summer and comes at a significant expense to Camp Yavneh’s operating budget. Nevertheless, we remain deeply committed to our guiding principle and do not charge additional tuition for Yedidot campers. Your directed support to inclusion camping makes an immediate and lasting impact
There are countless ways to enhance and enrich Camp Yavneh. Should you wish to direct your philanthropic gift towards special programs, please contact us and we can explore meaningful opportunities for you to make a positive impact. Whether you wish to sponsor a new program, an engaging scholars-in-residence, or an existing program, we will work with you to create something special and memorable. Please email or call Melanie Gerard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-580-3465.
While we are open to tailoring special programs, some existing sponsorship opportunities include:
- Ketsev: Yavneh’s traveling performance group visits local, elderly housing to bring energy and excitement to our friends in the community.
- Zimriyah: Yavneh’s uniquely spirited, amazing song festival, is the highlight for our first session campers.
- Camp Theater: Each year our campers audition for a special production performed partially in Hebrew.
- Kerem Play: Each year, our counselors-in-training produce a nationally recognized production, including lighting, set and costumes, for the entire camp.
- Maccabiah: Yavneh’s Color War is a multi-day extravaganza that includes everything from sports to performances in the arts.
- Specialists, Scholars in Residence and Artists in Residence: Every summer we have visiting scholars who teach and interact with our campers on a variety of subjects.
- Field Trips: You may choose to sponsor special outings that are beyond our typically scheduled trip days. Prior sponsorship examples include whisking campers off to the UNH olympic pool for a day, sponsoring a special BBQ dinner, and giving Na’aleh campers the opportunity to experience an Israeli rock concert.
Special Dedication Opportunities
Situated between the Gottesman Community Center and the flagpole, thewas built in 2010 to honor our beloved teacher and spiritual leader of over 15 years, Rabbi Dov Lerea. This donation opportunity provides a meaningful way for our community to honor and/or remember loved ones and commemorate milestones. A standard engraved brick is $180 and double brick is $360. Your gift supports the general scholarship fund.
Acknowledge a milestone event or remember a loved one by dedicating a siddur. Your donation of $36 includes a customized bookplate label adhered to the inner front page of a siddur that will be used daily at Yavneh during the summer.
Na’aleh Israel Program Scholarships
is a life-changing educational experience for our oldest campers entering 11th grade, and provides an opportunity to experience Israeli culture and embrace Judaism by spending a summer abroad in Israel. Teens that participate in this program overwhelmingly return home as confident, knowledgeable, passionate Jews! A donation enables all campers the ability to participate.
Directed Camper Scholarships
Full scholarships are occasionally granted to low-income families who simply can not afford to consider an overnight summer camp experience. A one-time generous gift of $4,850 will enable a camper to experience an engaging summer bringing their Judaism to life while growing a community of lifelong friends.
Family Camp Scholarships
Each summer, we welcome over 100 families from all over New England to Northwood, where they experience an exhilarating week, steeped in Jewish communal living. We eat, pray and play together. Children enjoy day camp with experienced counselors and parents enjoy their own version of camp.
The majority of facilities at Camp Yavneh are available for dedications and naming opportunities ranging from $18,000+. Should you wish to dedicate a building in honor/ in memory of a loved one, we are excited to have this conversation with you. Current buildings available for naming opportunities include:
- The Agam
- Beit Am
- Ben Zvi
- Chadar Ochel
- Staff housing
- Rock Wall… and more!