Camp Yavneh’s summer food experience would not be the same without Ruthie Simon, Amy Glickman Sharff and Yonit Cohen. Ruthie heads up the Meltzarim (waiters) group – who are older campers – during the first session, while Amy is in charge during the second session. And Yonit is a cooking instructor for the campers. Learn more about them here. Recently, we asked them three questions about camp and here is what they had to say:
Favorite camp activity?
- “My favorite camp activity is a swim in the agam.” – Ruthie Simon
- “My favorite camp activity is swimming in the lake!” – Amy Glickman Sharff
- “My favorite camp activity is Yom Yisrael, Zimriyah and Rikudiah, but I love it all!” – Yonit Cohen
What are you looking forward to most this summer?
- “I am most looking forward to the fresh mountain air of Northwood and making a whole new network of friends and colleagues. I am also looking forward to seeing Yavneh through my children’s eyes for the first time.” – Ruthie Simon
- “I am looking forward to meeting so many new campers and staff members, and making lots of new memories.” – Amy Glickman Sharff
- “I am looking forward to working with the amazing staff at camp and I am so excited to meet the campers, counselors and the staff. I love and appreciate their hard work and passion for this summer camp.” – Yonit Cohen
Helpful tip for new and returning campers
- “The best tip for all campers, both new and old, is to be open to making new friends and ask lots of questions to get to know them!” -Amy Glickman Sharff
- “Help your parents pack your luggage! That way you ensure that your favorite T-shirt is there when you want it! ” – Yonit Cohen
- “Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and try new things!” – Yonit Cohen