First Time Campers
Is your child ready for overnight camp?
Ask yourself these 5 simple questions:
- Has your child successfully slept away from home even for a weekend?
- Does your child have a sibling/cousin at camp?
- Can your child: brush their own teeth, make their bed, take completely independent showers
- Is your child asking to go and can imagine (through a series of questions) being without you: letters only, no phone calls?
- Does your child seem ready for overnight camp or do they get very nervous when you bring it up.
If you’re not really sure a full session is right for them, send them for our Kaytana/2 week session. Kaytana campers have the option to extend to the full month at the discretion of camp in consult with the parents.