Camp Contact Information
603-942-5593 or email@example.com
Camp Summer Office Hours
Sunday – Thursday 9:30 AM- 6:00 PM
Friday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The Yavneh office closes forbetween 5:00 pm on Friday to 9:30 pm Saturday. In case of an emergency, please call 617-580-3456 or call the Northwood police department at 603-942-8284 and they will contact camp.
Bil Zarch, Executive Director
Michi Rosenhek Zelermyer, Summer Camp Director
Netanel Spiegel, Director of Operations
Tammy Schneider, Registrar
Contact Tammy for any camper questions including payments, forms, transportation, registration and general camp questions
Other Year Round Staff
Adina Zarchan, Director of Philanthropy
Shlomit Keehn, Business Associate
Contact Shlomit for any questions regarding Accounts Payable, payroll, and general financial questions.
We understand that you are curious about what your child/ren is doing during their time at Camp Yavneh and we offer many ways to stay connected.
- Eshkolit – Summer Edition is the go-to newsletter for camp updates and activities and is published every week in June, July and August. It includes a message from our director, updates on programs and activities and an article on Jewish life at camp. Once you have registered your child for camp, your email will automatically be on the Eshkolit Summer Edition email list.
- Camp photos are accessible at yavneh.smugmug.com. post photos of campers every Monday and Wednesday. They generally post between 30-75 photos each time. In addition, our camp photographer(s) will post pictures of activities several times a week. These photos are organized under the Latest + Greatest folder.
- During camp, we update our Facebook page everyday, including camp pictures twice a week and daily camp activities updates. We also post a weekly Dvar Torah every Thursday. Be sure to like our page.
- We post to our Instagram account on a regular basis. Be sure to follow us.
- We also publish videos on a weekly basis, including a session memories video at the end of each session on our Facebook page.
Campers are allowed to speak with their parents by phone on their birthday. At other times, campers are not allowed phone access. If you have any concerns or questions about your child, please call the camp office at 603-942-5593 or email Miriam Loren, Rosh Chanichim (Director of Camper Care), Alanna Wolf, Rosh No’ar (Head of Upper Camp) or Steve Shimshak, Rosh Tzeirim (Head of Lower Camp). If it is not an emergency, one of them will return your call within 24 hours. Bil Zarch or Michi Zelermyer are also available to answer your questions.
Mail and Email
Children love receiving mail at camp! We encourage you to write to your child/ren as frequently as possible. Please address your camper’s mail as follows:
18 Lucas Pond Rd
Northwood, New Hampshire 03261
Please note that bunk numbers will be given out on opening day.
In addition to regular mail, campers may receive one email per day (except firstname.lastname@example.org, with your child’s name and bunk number in the subject line. Outgoing email from campers is not available.). Emails are printed daily at 10 AM. Due to the large volume of incoming emails, please adhere to a one-page email limit. Please make your emails meaningful and newsy – the kids really look forward to them. Log in to you CampInTouch account to send emails. Emails can only be written in English characters. If you would like to send emails in Hebrew, please send your email to
Campers are required to write letters home twice a week, so please send self-addressed, stamped envelopes/postcards or envelopes and stamps for your child to use. Outgoing mail from Northwood is notoriously slow so don’t be surprised if you receive multiple letters on the same day. If you are concerned by a lack of detail in your child’s letters please contact Steve Shimshak, Rosh Tzeirim (Head of Lower Camp) or Alanna Wolf, Rosh No’ar (Head of Upper Camp).
Blogs – Bunk Activities
Blogs detailing bunk activities will are written by Roshei Aydah and sent directly to parents via emails.
At Yavneh, campers may only receive letters and padded envelopes up to 9 x 12 . Anything larger, including boxes, or items from Amazon will not be delivered. Due to New Hampshire wildlife, food is not allowed in the bunks and nail polish and gum is not allowed at camp – so please do not send either item to your camper. To ensure compliance, all padded envelopes will be opened for inspection. Pro Tip: Ideas of items that can fit in a padded envelope include newspaper clippings, mad libs, stationery, sports or character cards, pictures, coloring books, bracelets, scented pens, stickers or camp journals.
Campers who celebrate their birthdays at camp may receive one birthday package (box) for their birthday (no food allowed). This package will also be opened and checked for food before being delivered.