Na’aleh <br>(Summer in Israel)
Na’aleh is Camp Yavneh’s capstone summer program – since 1995. Keshet Educational Tours in Israel, lead by Yavneh alum, partners with Yavneh to offer an immersive educational experience to enhance the camper’s Jewish personal growth and love of Israel. Campers learn about the complexities of life in Israel, meet with politicians, visit different communities and learn from people from a range of backgrounds and perspectives.
Na’aleh is a multi-faceted learning program that provides campers with a continuation of the Yavneh Klal Yisrael view on Judaism and Israel. Campers immerse themselves into the society and people of Israel through travel, lectures, volunteering and other hands-on experiences. Dynamic tour guides are selected for their ability to bring the sights, depths and nuances of Israel to life, leaving campers yearning for what the next day has to offer.
Yesterday walking though the Jewish quarter, a large bunch of boys were walking as a group singing, dancing and clapping their way to the Kotel – It was loud, joyous singing that has its own energy. My son Jacob turned to us and said “that is how Shabbat is at Camp Yavneh”.” And that’s why I send my son to Yavneh!
Experiences in Israel Include
- Visit the modern city of Tel Aviv and participate in an archaeological excavation.
- Discover life in a kibbutz, hike through the Judean Hills and walk through the canyons of Nahal Devora.
- Float in the Dead Sea, swim through the Zaki River and play at the Luna Gal water park.
- Explore the Negev for three days and kayak in the upper Galilee.
- Meet with Women of the Wall and participate in an IDF program.
- Visit the Knesset and learn about organic agriculture in Israel.
- Shop at an arts and crafts festival and volunteer at nonprofit organizations.
- Visit a Bedouin community and spend time with the Belz Hassidic Jews.
- Share a group Kabbalat Shabbat at the Kotel and enjoy Jerusalem’s cultural events.
- Develop Hebrew fluency while making long lasting friendships with American and Israeli peers.
Na’aleh is open to teens who have completed 11th grade. Preference is given to campers who have attended Camp Yavneh in the past. Na’aleh is intended for teens who want to expand and deepen their Jewish identity and their knowledge of Israel and Hebrew language. Participants will observe Kashrut and Shabbat, and pray and study daily.
For more info email Bil Zarch.Naaleh 2018 Itinerary PDF
Na’aleh was such an amazing experience. It was the perfect balance of tourism and educational activities. The activities we did were a blast, but also very intellectually stimulating. I am so glad I decided to go on the trip. It’s truly a leadership and bonding experience that drew us closer to each other and to Israel. Thank you again for the best summer of my life.